Classkick Assignment Contest
Between January 1st and March 15th, you will have the opportunity to showcase your assignment for a chance to win a free Classkick shirt.
You can use any content of your choice to create your assignment, and your assignment can be a bell ringer, direct instruction, guided practice, independent practice, homework, or assessment.
Your assignment must be set to “Shared,” so make sure to include the public link generated by Classkick! (See how here)
Entries will be judged by our very own Classkick Team based on the inclusion of student-centered activities and clear learning goals to determine the top 3 winners.
Submit between January 1 and March 15, 2017
Winners will be announced on Friday, March 17th
Classkick Assignment Contest Official Rules
DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LOCAL LAW TO PARTICIPATE. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Contest Description: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Classkick Assignment Content is a skill contest in which a Classkick user can submit an assignment using Classkick software.
2. Sponsor: Classkick, located at 405 West Superior, Unit #502, Chicago, Illinois, 60654 (“Classkick” or “Sponsor”).
3. Contest Period: Submissions to the Contest may be received from 1 January 2017 at 12:01 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) until 11:59 p.m. CST on 15 March 2017 (“Submission Period”). The winner will be announced on 17 March 2017.
4. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Contest, at the time of entry, you (“Entrant”) must: (i) have validly registered as a contestant in this Contest at http://classkick.com/classkick-assignment-contest; and (ii) be above the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside; (“Entrant”). Employees and representatives of Classkick, their respective parents, agents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any prize provider, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest, and their immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse, or life partner) and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
5. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, complete the following steps: i. Visit http://classkick.com/classkick-assignment-contest, (the “Site”) during the Submission Period and register as a contestant, ii. produce and publish a Classkick assignment, and iii. provide a link to the assignment on your Classkick profile to Sponsor here http://classkick.com/classkick-assignment-contest (“Submission”). Your Submission must be publicly accessible and available at all times during the Contest Period. All Submissions must comply with all Classkick terms of service, available at https://www.classkick.com/terms-of-service. Submissions not properly entered into the Contest will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. Submissions must be received by Sponsor no later than the end of the Submission Period. Only eligible Submissions actually received by Sponsor during the Submission Period will be eligible to win. Sponsor is not responsible for (i) inaccessible, lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, fraudulent, incomplete, or illegible Submissions, which are void, or (ii) for any computer-related, online, telephonic, or technical malfunctions that may occur. Illegible, unintelligible, inaccessible, nonpublic, incomplete, garbled, or mutilated Submissions will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Submissions not in compliance with these Official Rules. By making a Submission and participating in the Contest, you represent and warrant that: (i) you agree to the terms of service of the Classkick website (available at https://www.classkick.com/terms-of-service), and also hereby grant Classkick an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use your Submission for marketing and promotional use, with the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform, create derivative works from, and publicly display in whole or in part; (ii) the Submission is your original work, and you have secured any and all rights, releases, or permissions necessary for the use and distribution of your Submission by Classkick; (iii) your Submission does not violate or infringe upon the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, publicity rights, or any other rights of any third party.
6. How to Win: Three (3) winners will be selected. A panel of judges, comprised of Classkick employees (“Panel”) will evaluate all submissions based on the following criteria: 25% Student-Centered Activities 25% Clear Learning Goals 50% Overall. The Panel will evaluate and attribute a final score to each Submission made up of scores for each of the above listed criterion. The three (3) Submissions that receive the highest overall score from the Panel will be selected as the winners. In the event of a tie, the Submission(s) that received the higher score from the Panel in the category of “Overall” will be selected as the Winner. Winners will be notified by email and announced in publicly available forums, events and media as determined, selected and represented by the Sponsor. If the winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from among the remaining contestants based on the judging criteria described herein. If a potential Finalist is disqualified for any reason (in Classkick’s sole discretion), an alternate contestant will be selected from among the remaining contestants based on the judging criteria described herein. Each finalist must agree that he or she has an ongoing responsibility to make sure that their actions do not disparage or adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of the Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest. The judges' decisions are final with respect to all aspects of the Contest. Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, officers and directors, advertising and Contest agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees and their respective agents will not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any.
7. Prizes: The three (3) Winners will each be awarded one (1) Classkick shirt (valued up to $25). No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of any of the prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor for reason of unavailability. The prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. All taxes, costs, and fees associated with the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. LIMIT ONE PRIZE PER PERSON. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries and the skill of the entrants.
8. Conduct: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Entrants further agree to comply with and be bound by decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the operation of the Contest or Sponsor’s web site(s); (b) violating these Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor’s property or services; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, finalists consent to Sponsor’s use of their name, likeness, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice, Submission, and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes related to the Contest in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide and without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights.
9. Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree, to the fullest extent of the law, to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective parent, related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any claim, injury, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest (including but not limited to the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize or any component thereof) or the promotion thereof. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for the following: (a) telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of purchases and/or invoices in connection with the Contest; (c) any injury or damage to participants related to or resulting from participating in this Contest, including any use or receipt of a prize awarded herein, other than injury or damage caused by Sponsor’s negligence or willful misconduct; or (d) any use or inability to use any awarded prize.
10. Right to Terminate or Modify: If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including because of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules at any time for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
12. Governing Law: All federal, state, municipal, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. To the extent permitted by the mandatory provision of the applicable law, this Contest and these Official Rules are governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of Illinois, USA without regard to its conflict of law provisions. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
13. Winner List / Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules for this Contest and a list of winners, please visit http://classkick.com/classkick-assignment-contest.
14. Disclaimer: The trademarks associated with the Prize awarded under this Contest are registered or unregistered trademarks of their owners, who are not affiliated nor have endorsed this Contest. Prizes awarded under this Contest may be subject to restrictions and licenses from their manufacturers and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The prize recipient shall bear all responsibility for use of such prize in compliance with the conditions imposed by the manufacturer, and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance.